As your online marketing consulting company, our goal is to get your website to the front page of the search engines, where your potential clients can easily find you.
Most Website designers spend their time making your site look pretty, online marketing consulting ensures your website is optimized & generating traffic to your site.
Call Global Web Marketer, your Web Marketing Company, for a Complimentary Website Consultation & we will get your Website working for you.
Online Marketing Consulting Specialists will make the difference to your bottom line.
Do you have an online Marketing Strategy?
Have you discussed your online Marketing Strategy with your Web Marketing Company?
Do you have an Online Marketing Strategy for traffic generation?
Is your Online Marketing Strategy to build, post & wait?
They go to a Website designer, spend their time pouring over pretty pictures & discussing colours & layout, then after much time & much more cost $$, they upload the site, only to find that the website does not bring them any new clients or customers. They then blame all web marketing companies for being an expensive waste of time & money!
Global Web Marketer is not a graphic design Company, we are an online web marketing company, specialising in online marketing consulting & take the time to identify your target market, research who is looking for you & your services & create an online marketing strategy that will give you a functional & profitable website that will generate traffic, leads & profits.
Check out our services for the latest techniques in Online business marketing now, & GET RANKED today!
There are a myriad of Small Business Courses available for Small Business owners, however, finding Small Business Courses that offer relevant, good quality information & ongoing support can be difficult.
That is where Global Web Marketer is different. We have designed a series of Small Business Courses, to help Small Business Owners increase the profitability of their business by utilizing their online presence.
We understand that most Small Businesses do not have the budgets to spend on training for thousands of hours, so we have taken the cream of the crop & condensed the information down into bite sized pieces for you to take & implement immediately & start getting results NOW.
How to find the right Internet Marketing Agency in 5 Steps!
YouTube is currently the most amazing tool on the web to promote yourself &/or your online content.
YouTube has over 2 Billion videos watched per day & is growing rapidly, YouTube is the first place people go to when they want to search for online video.
While it might not be the best featured or even best quality service for video producers, it is by a long shot the most popular. If you are a blogger, marketer, film maker or any other kind of online publisher or entrepreneur, you stand to gain a lot by getting some exposure on YouTube.
But how do you get your content noticed, when there are 6.1 million videos for your audience to choose from? Certainly, there is no replacement for making or aggregating great content, but there are several ways that you can make your presence felt, and drive traffic back to your own website.
In this guide to getting the best out of YouTube from a marketing perspective, I take you through an assortment of YouTube strategies and features that you can use to raise your profile, whether you create your own videos, or act as a video NewsMaster, selecting and grouping other people’s video for your niche-audience.
You Tube generates not only a healthy amount of traffic, but also a buzz about your products & services. This not only broadens the reach of the content, but also provides ample opportunities for people to share and refer your videos videos. Every time someone chooses to embed these videos in their own blog or website, they in turn point their own site visitors to you also. Everybody wins!
You Tube provides an easy resource for people to subscribe to your site and therefore be updated about each new video created, and in turn sends people from this collection to the articles in which the videos have been featured.
As subscribers grow and video views increase, so the opportunities for promotion also increase.
This is just one example of how popular content will create further promotional opportunities, and in turn send traffic to your website, all without spending a single cent.
Here are some features and strategies that you can use to make sure that YouTube starts generating website traffic for you:
Create and Customize Your Own Channel
Why you need a YouTube Channel
The first thing you need to do, if you haven’t already, is to create your own YouTube Channel. This is far from being a complicated procedure, as your channel is automatically generated for you when you sign up for a new YouTube account.
Among the advantages of having your own channel are:
- The ability to arrange your own and others content in a single location, with its own YouTube URL (e.g. http://www.youtube.com)
- The opportunity to create a profile for yourself and your content, and link back to your website URL
- The chance to start creating playlists from your own and other people’s content
- The opportunity to lay the foundations of your YouTube presence, which you can build on using the other tips in this guide
Once you have signed up and started uploading, recording or aggregating video content, you can take advantage of some of the recently launched channel customization options. You can find these in your channel settings once you are logged in.
In addition to being able to extensively edit the contents and design of your profile – selecting from a range of options the features you want to make use of – you can also select from your video selection 9 highlighted videos that will be prominently displayed on your channel profile.
If you have managed to gather quite a collection, this is a great way of being able to promote some of your favorite, or your audiences’ favorite, videos.
Account Types – Choose Your Niche
Targeting your content by account type
When you sign up for a new account you are given the chance to choose which account type you would like. While one of the options is ‘standard’, it makes a lot more sense to choose from the other possibilities. You can select from the following categories:
- A Director account – great if you are producing your own web videos. This account allows you to to add custom items and a logo to your Profile pages
- A Musician account – which is a good opportunity if you are hoping to promote your music through YouTube. In addition to your custom logo and choice of music genre, you can also display tour date information and CD purchase links on your profile pages
- A Comedian account – which is of course a good way of promoting your comedy show or stand-up act. This allows you to add your custom log, comedy style, show date information and CD purchase links on your profile pages
- A Guru account – which is for anyone that is an expert in a particular field, whether that be cooking or web design. This account lets you choose a custom logo, genre and links to your other websites from your profile pages
Why limit yourself?
If you happen to dabble in music, comedy and dishing out advice you might wonder why it makes sense to limit yourself to one particular account type. The answer is simple – by choosing a particular account type you automatically increase your chances of your videos and profile being seen. Users can search by account type, looking just through the videos created by Guru account holders only for instance.
This means that in narrowing the focus of your channel, you automatically reduce the competition from other videos, and give yourself the chance to further promote your work. Users can search for videos on the YouTube channel guide by selecting a particular channel category.
From here, they can see the most subscribed and most viewed videos of the current week, and can also filter videos by the current month, or ‘all time’ in their search. Whether your videos get a lot of views in a particular week, or steadily gather views over a number of months, your self-promotion opportunities will have increased.
It is far easier to rise to the top of the pile within a particular category than it is to make the front page of the website, and in the process you help potential viewers to narrow down their search. All of this leads to more video and profile views, and in turn more traffic to your website, and that’s before you consider any CD sales or live performance attendance you might see as an added bonus.
Create Short Form Viral Content
Online video has its own rules
In the vast majority of cases, your best chance of creating a highly-viewed video is to make sure that your running time is around the five minute mark or less.
While people will watch TV-ripped content for significantly longer, made-for-web video works best in short bursts, both in terms of its ability to keep your viewers attention, and to stay within the file size limit of 100Mb placed on YouTube uploads.
If you have a particularly exciting longer piece, it can very often be broken up into segments, and can always be combined together later in a playlist. This gives your viewers the chance to skip to relevant parts of the content if they choose to, rather than forcing them to sit through ten minutes of video before they get to the part that they are interested in.
In terms of creating content with viral reach, there are no hard and fast rules, as it really depends on the nature of your content.
If you have a Guru account, make short, snappy, super-informative videos and how-to guides that people won’t find elsewhere. If you have a comedian account, make me laugh in the first thirty seconds of your clip. Musicians – hit me with your greatest song, and have me tapping my foot in the first few seconds. This is the way to create video that people want to share.
Tag and Categorize
Once you have created your video – or imported it from elsewhere – one important step to consider is choosing the right category and tags for your video. This is the stage that is most often rushed or overlooked, but if you take the time to check out the other popular videos in your niche, and see how they have been tagged and placed within the YouTube categories, it will finally pay off.
Categories aren’t always as straightforward as they seem, and it could be that your content doesn’t fit snugly into any one of the options available. The key here is to run a search on similar content by keyword, and then make a note of how that content has been tagged and categorized.
It is also worth paying attention to less popular categories if they fit your content, as you may be able to reduce your competition, and thus propel your video to the most popular or most viewed within your specific category.
When it comes to tagging, don’t be shy about adding as many keywords as you can, and again, see if you can match them to other existing content. You may well then find your video being recommended in the ‘related’ videos sidebar next to other users videos, thus driving traffic to your own content and profile.
Create Niche-Targeted Playlists
Whether you create your own video or plan to bring together other users videos, putting playlists together is a very simple prospect. If you are using your own videos, you can do so by selecting clips from the My Videos section of your account and adding them to a new playlist.
If you want to do the same with other users’ content, all you have to do is add the individual videos to your list of favorites, and then add them to playlists in the same way that you would your own videos.
You can do this by visiting the video you are interested in and choosing the ‘save to favorites’ option directly under the video player. You are even given the option of saving the video directly to any playlists you have already created.
Why make playlists?
The advantages of creating playlists are two-fold.
First of all, you can gather individual clips into a niche-targeted context so that viewers can find related content quickly and easily without having to search for the individual items themselves. By putting in the time and research you can provide this service and boost your web traffic without ever recording a single video of your own.
Secondly, you can gather your own videos either by thematic relevance, or as part of a series. If you have a longer video, it makes sense to break it down into several clips, each with a clear title, so that viewers can opt to skip to particularly interesting parts of your movie.
Either way, you have cut out some of the search and navigation work required of your potential audience, and won them over in the process. The ability to select and bring to other people’s attention little-seen videos is a skill in and of itself, and people will thank you for taking the time.
The key is to look for videos with a small amount of views where possible, as you will then be promoting content that has not already done the rounds a thousand times before.
Promote Your Video with YouTube Email and Bulletins
If you want to get your video seen, your profile visited and your web traffic subsequently increased, it isn’t enough to sit back and passively wait for viewers to come to you. YouTube provides you with a number of self-promotion opportunities, and among them is the ability to send emails to other users, and create bulletins from your profile or other users’ channel pages.
- People often forget that YouTube is a social community as much as it is a video-sharing site. As such, there is nothing terrible about reaching out to other users and letting them know about your content, your thoughts, or your admiration of their work.You may find you receive a lot of incoming emails pointing out new videos or recommendations of great content to be found in the depths of the YouTube vaults. This could lead to articles being written on the content of the videos suggested before now, and is a great way of spreading the word in an informal way.Obviously you don’t want to spam people with totally irrelevant links, but if you have put in a little research and found other users with similar tastes and interests, it is certainly worth letting them know about your videos and playlists.Bulletins
Bulletins are an even easier way of creating short messages on your own channel profile, or leaving messages for users on their profile pages. Bulletins are super-short messages about your status, new releases or anything else you might want to broadcast to the world via your YouTube channel.
This is a great way of leaving quick comments on other user’s pages, and in doing so you are likely to pique their interest enough for them to come and check out your profile and maybe even subscribe if they like what they see.
Posting bulletins to your own profile is also an effective way to keep your viewers in the loop, and creates a sense of consistency and presence even when you haven’t posted any new videos for a while.
Leave Video Responses
Another effective way of getting yourself seen is to leave a video response to another user’s clip. These video responses can be created right from underneath the main video player, and can be chosen from your previously uploaded videos, uploaded there and then, or even captured directly from your webcam.
As such video responses can be relevant content that matches the theme of the original video or direct and personal responses from your webcam. Either way, there are a couple of things to keep in mind when leaving a response:
- Keep it relevant – nobody will thank you for leaving a totally irrelevant video response, and you are likely to make enemies this way
- Keep it civil – unless you are really aiming for a shock tactic, you are unlikely to win new supporters by being aggressive or unpleasant
- Choose your target video well – if your goal is to boost visits to your profile and website, there is little point in leaving a response to a little-seen, less-than-dynamite video. Hone in on who the most popular video-makers are in your niche area, and leave well-timed responses to their videos. You will then be in a good position to siphon off their viewers to your video and profile.
- Strike at the right time – The ideal situation is to get in early and get your response at the top of the pile, so that it gets seen. If you are the thirtieth person to leave a comment, chances are you are a little late.
Global Web Marketer set up & maintain your account as part of your ongoing monthly SEO package – Call Karen on 0414 582 355 for details.
Do you own a Small Business?
Do you feel like you are drowning in a sea of Competition?
Small Business Help is HERE!
Whether you need Online Marketing Consulting or an Online Marketing Strategy, Global Web Marketer can Help.
The hardest part about starting a new site is getting it ranked in Google and the best way to rank a site quickly is to build links to your site. Using the SEO technique called a link wheel, you can create backlinks to your site that are in the same niche as your site, these provide what is known as “link juice”. Ways to create your Link Wheel are:
* Web 2.0 accounts (Squidoo, HubPages, etc.)
* A single blog or multiple blogs
* Social networking sites (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
1. 1 Sample Link Wheel Article from eZine Sample Link Wheel Article from eZine Write your original article, and choose the overall topic for your link wheels. If you are writing an article about an ecommerce beauty site, your article could be about the top 10 best hair straighteners, or a review of a particular pair of Kamisori hair shears. Now that you have your original article, you are going to use that as a template for the creation of all of your other articles. It is essential that you create a new article for each of the posts you create, and simply use your original article as a template. Unique content is essential to ensuring your link wheel passes the maximum link juice. Within your article, be sure to include 1 link to your targeted site, and 1 link to one of posts in our link wheel. We’ll go over more details on exactly how to link the sites in the next steps.
2. 2 Web 2.0 Sites Web 2.0 Sites – Now it’s time to identify some link wheel sites:
Here are a few web 2.0 sites to use:
Blogsome.com Blogger.com Squidoo.com Wetpaint.com WordPress.org EzineArticles.com VOX.com Quizilla.com Weebly.com LiveJournal.com HubPages.com Onsugar.com Prlog.org Devhub.com Yolasite.com Terapad.com Beep.com Webnode.com Viviti.com Some of these sites are article directories, like eHow.com, and are great resources for your link wheels.
Most article sites don’t allow you to include a keyword as your link, but rather just the URL for our targeted site, which is great because it helps with the link diversity.
3. 3 Now that you’ve selected your sites, you will need to create accounts.
When you create the accounts, make sure to name them appropriately. So if you were setting up a site on Squidoo, you should name it http://www.squidoo.com/wedding-car-hire-brisbane-limo etc. where Wedding Car Hire Brisbane would be the keywords we are targeting. The goal you want to achieve is to setup a destination that is related to your target site, and on each of these sites, we’ll have more information related to our targeted site. So create your accounts, post your article, and within the article, we have 1 link that goes back to our target site, and 1 link that goes to another of our link wheels. Instead of linking all your sites in order, ie site 1 links to site 2, site 12 links to site 1, Use a random linking so that site 1 links to site 8, site 8 links to site 5, etc. Just be sure that none of your sites link back to each other, and you are going to be in good shape. For all of our social networking sites like Twitter and LinkedIn, you can have these sites link to your other link wheel pages, and vice versa to include the maximum link diversity and give you the best natural links to your site.
4. 4 Once we are done creating all of our link wheels, we want to ping Google and let them know we’ve created out new sites and to get them indexed. For this, we suggest using Pingler.com or Pinomatic.com. This service pings a few different search engines and blog sites like Technorati, they see your site, include it in their index, and tell Google to index your site as well.
5. 5 Now that we’ve followed all these steps, we are essentially done. Congratulations! BUT, if you want to continue to reap the rewards of these links, you will want to go back and update them. We suggest updating link wheels every 2 weeks or so, so after 2 weeks, go back to your posts, and add 100 words of content, then submit them to the RSS sites again, and repeat the process. Over time, you will have a bunch of great backlinks that are resources in themselves, and your targeted site will over time eventually get to the first page of Google.
Global Web Marketer offers this service as part of your ongoing Monthly SEO service.
Just when you thought you understood the meaning of WEB 2.0 …. Your just starting to get into the swing of Blogging, You Tube, Wikipedia & Facebook, you realize that Twittering is more than just a bird noise, but a way of communicating in 2010!
Then it all changes & we move into the era of UStream, Joost and Open ID. But what does that really mean & what do I need to do?
New trends are starting to take place as right now – WEB 3.0 is here!
Technology & keeping up to date with internet marketing is happening at a much faster rate than ever before. We are no longer in an era where we have ‘time’ to get used to what is new. We are now exposed to new technology that is outdated literally moments after it is launched, as opposed to months or years. There is no time to relax & expect what has worked in the past to keep us at the top, we need to embrace the new technologies faster than our competitors, & faster than ever before!
The sources your customers are coming in from are now more varied & diverse than ever before, and we need to ensure we leverage this.
Are you using the latest in Video Marketing to reach your customers?
Are you utilizing every facet of Social Media for your online Marketing Campaigns?
Are your customers & clients able to find you in more than 5 different places on the web, via iphones, blackberry’s & ipad’s?
Call us today 0414 582 355 for an obligation free consultation to get your Business performing at the top of Niche.